Wednesday, February 6, 2013

02/04/13

Opa Família!
Mom I did get the money in the letter from Kelley! I thought I already told you that, but I guess maybe not. This week was good! I think the hardest part was trying to find people in their houses to teach. We set up a lot of appointments, but lots of times we dont get to teach anyone because they are not home. It gets annoying. I think this week I learned what I've been learning the whole time in this area, and that is to have faith and keep working, even when we are not having success. Something fun this week, we had a family night at The Madeiras house, they are a super cool family! They were baptized a year ago, and have 4 kids, I love going to their house, because the kids are great. they are 13, 12,9, and 3. Im reminded a lot of our house when im there haha. With my new companion we have been teaching more, but we still spend a lot of time looking for new people. We have a new investigator this week, his soon to be wife is a member and all her family, but he isn't. He has already visited the church a bunch and likes it. We taught the first lesson this week and it went super well. And then after, they feed us cake and snacks. It was great. I hope we will be able to baptize him! Dad sent me the article from the paper about districts and it sounds like Cam kicked butt. Sounds like Nate is doing super good in Bball too huh? Its hard when you know you can score points and your teammates have problems with it. I'll try and send more pictures, but I really dont take alot here. You dont wanna take your camera out and take picture in a lot of places because people will rob you and trade the stuff for drugs. but I will try to send more. The 49ers Lost? Dang it. I'll try and remember to write Cam a letter. Tell Cam that church is like medicine, sometimes you dont like it and it tastes terrible, but its good for you, and helps you in the long run. I love you guys and hope you week is great. I'll put some pics in this email. The crab, Elder Orr, and The smoke from the trash fire infont of our house.

Love Elder Brady Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment