Tuesday, November 20, 2012

11/19/12

Note from Mom : This weekend was crazy and I did not get emails out Sunday evening as planned, so I got up early on Monday but alas both missionaries had already emailed and I about died when I saw the emails.  Lucky for me both were on the computer while I was!! Tender mercies for sure!!

Tudo Bem Família!
Im a little sad to see there wasnt an email from yall today, but im sure you all are busy! This week went by super fast! We found a few investigatiors which is super cool. Gerson and Luciana are there names, we have taught them twice so far, and they like what weve been teaching. We are teaching them again tomorrow which is good. They werent able to come to church yesterday because they had to work, but they said they want to go! Teaching in português is so much harder than in english haha but its coming along.
     This week has been super hot down here, luckly my area has a breeze which is super nice. We walked a ton though. It sucks when people give you fake adresses that are super far away, so when you get there you cant find it, and then you have to walk all the way back. Also my knee has been bugging me a ton this week, cause i tried running on it last p day. I hardly even ran. Its dumb. I just want a new one haha. I think arthritis might not be the only problem with it, cause it always hurts on the tibial tuberosity, not under the knee cap where the arthritis is. Its frustrating. This week i got a massive blister on the bottom of my foot too. Its super gross, but its part of the work. I did emergency surgery on an ingrown toenail i have too.. okay not really surgery, but i had to dig the toenail out and then stuff the head of a q tip under it. 
  Once again church was crazy, the members are great though. The kids here run around every where and sacrament meeting is usually pretty irreverent. It is still great though. All the members make me eat sooooo much, even when i say im full they give me more. They think i eat more than one plate, but i dont. Its awful and kinda funny at the same time. Usually the food is super good too. Simple but delicious, but it doesnt compare to your cooking  mom! Really not alot is new here, we do pretty much the exact  same thing everyday, study, teach, and look for people to teach. I love you all and hope yall are doing well. 

Com amor, 
Elder Brady Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment