Friday, October 26, 2012

10/24/2012


Hey Family! This is my last email from the CTM, its kinda crazy! Time has gone by super fast, and at the same time, it goes by slow. I’m really excited to get out of here, but at the same time I’m wondering if I’m ready. I did get to see Perry today; it was super great to see him! So this week has been pretty crazy. Monday we went proselyting just around the MTC, which is kinda hard since almost everyone has a book of Mormon already haha. But we gave out three books of Mormon. The first was to a guy working at a car repair shop; he actually called us over and asked us what we were doing. The second was to a random guy walking down the street, and the third was to a lady sitting out in front of a shop. I was pretty nervous to start talking to people because I didn't want to sound dumb, and I didn't know how they would react. My companion is a stud though and so it worked out well. Tuesday we sang in the choir at a little devotional we had, it was really cool, we sang Ye Elders of Israel one verse in Portuguese one verse in Spanish and one verse in English. Today, we went to the temple and got to do initiatory, it was really cool. They were all in Portuguese. Sorry to hear about Cams ankle that must suck. But he'll be fine for playoff so that’s good. Nathan doesn't hate football; he just has teenage girl hormones haha. Hopefully Dad will get better and nothing serious is wrong. I’ll keep him in my prayers though. It also sounds like Jessica is doing really well too. I’m sure she speaks Spanish better than I speak Portuguese. When she says she feels like she sounds like a five year old, it’s probably not that bad. I’m pretty sure we all speak Portuguese like three year olds or something. I miss all of you so much, I’m so grateful to have grown up in a family like we have. It was crazy to see how some of the people down here live. I also miss the all the food when the whole fam damily gets together.

Love y'all Lots,
Elder Brady Simpson

I leave next Tuesday so I think it’s the 30th. I hope I’ll be ready! I can hold a conversation well enough, but there is still a lot I don’t know. And Elder Taylor goes to Joao Pessoa also!
We fly and it will take like 3 or four hours on the flight, then depending on the area I think we take a bus.
So I heard about this crazy bug in my mission. It’s called a Poró, it looks like an ant with a scorpion tail, and instead of biting you, it pees everywhere it goes and its pee gives you second degree burns. Wild huh?
It’s like 37 degrees Celsius there right now which is really hot, the farther inland you go the hotter it will be, but if I’m by the beach it will be bearable because of the ocean breeze. So another cool thing that happened was on Sunday the president of the interlogos sao paulo mission spoke to us, and the missionary choir sang Joseph smiths first prayer in a bunch of different languages, everyone is in the choir bytheway, and they had us sing it twice because they said they could hear the angles of the Lord singing with us. It was so cool. The Missions presidents talk was also really good, I don’t remember what is was really about, but I took good notes sooo I’ll have to go back and read them.
Also I haven’t cut my hair since I’ve been here at the CTM so its super long now. But I’m getting it cut Friday. Tell everyone I love them and, Eu espero que vocês tenham uma boa Semana! (I hope you guys have a good week) Love you mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment